DEPUTY PARA MEDICAL OFFICER JOB CHART:
Deputy Paramedical officer is a trained person under National Leprosy eradication program and will work under the administrative and technical control of the CHNC SPHO.
The main functions of the Deputy Paramedical officer are
1. To supervise the work of Assistant para medical officers in implementing the National Leprosy eradication program during the Survey, Detection and Treatment given by them to the leprosy patients.
2. Assisting in the implementation of HIV / AIDS control program and Conduction of meetings and preparation of the Cluster level reports.
He will do any other work as entrusted by the CHNC medical officer.
He will supervise the work of 5-6 Assistant Para Medical Officers who cover a population of 1.5 to 2.0 lakhs in the CHNC area.
PLANNING AND SUPERVISION
1. Plan the work of para – medical workers in case detection, mobilization of cases for treatment and follow –up treatment and coordinate with health education.
2. Plan and supervise the work, performance of para- medical workers including pre-clinic drivers, mobilization and response of patients at treatment points, absenteeism, seeing of contacts, population and schools surveys etc.
3. Supervise the para- medical workers activity in their work and verify their records, reports and drug sheets.
4. Plan and guide para- medical workers in organization and conducting of surveys.
5. Diagnose leprosy in all suspected cases.
6. Make provisional classification of patients.
7. Recognize and refer patients with complications.
8. Recognize and refer cases with drug side effect and lepra reaction.
9. Treat minor ailments in leprosy patients.
10. Promote knowledge of leprosy and its treatment during all contacts with patients and families, school children and public in general.
CHNC TEAM WORK.
He will coordinate with CHO PHN and assist the SPMO in all the CHNC activities.