Sunday, July 17, 2011
Relaxation of minimum Service in the category of PHN (NT) for promotion to the Community Health Officer (CHO)
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Establishment – A.P.Public Health Sub-ordinate Services – Filling up the vacancies
of Community Health Officers in the State – Relaxation of minimum Service in the
category of PHN (NT) for promotion to the Community Health Officer (CHO) –
Orders – Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE (K2) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No.1299 Dated 14-07-2011
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.230, Finance (SMPC) Dept., dt.7-8-2008.
2. Govt.Memo.No.8863/D2/2009-1, HM&FW (D1) Dept.,
3. From the Director of Health, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.2022/
4. From the Director of Health, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.2022/
5. From the Director of Health, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.2022/
6. Govt.Memo No.8007/K2/2010, D.t. 19-02-2011
7. RepresentationDt.27-05-2011 from the General Secretary,
A.P ANMs, H.Vs, PH.N. & CHOs’ Association, Rejahmundry,
1. In the reference 3rd read above, the Director of Public Health, (DPH) has
brought to the notice of the Government that four hundred and sixty (460) of the
five hundred ninety eight (598) sanctioned posts of Community Health Officers-
Female (CHO-F) are vacant. These posts have remained vacant, essentially
because there are no candidates in the feeder category of Public Health Nurse
(PHN) (Non Teaching) with three years service. Filling up these posts is urgently
needed to operationalise the Community Health and Nutrition Clusters (CHNCs).
2. As per rule 7 of APM&FW Service rules issued in G.O.Ms.No.261, HM&FW
(B1) Dept., dt.28-6-2002, no person shall be eligible for appointment by transfer or
promotion unless one is an approved probationer and has put in not less than
3 years of service in the category from which promotion or transfer is made.
3. After careful examining the above matter, Government was pleased to
permit the Director of Public Health in the reference 6th read above to effect
promotions of PHN (NT) to the post of Community Health Officer (CHO) of those
who have fallen short of experience by one year as on 1-9-2010 strictly in
accordance with seniority duly following the rule of reservation roaster, Presidential
Order, and invoking rule 10 (a) of A.P.State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996
without resorting to relaxation of rules.
4. In the reference 7th read above the General Secretary of A.P ANMs, H.Vs,
PHN’s and CHO’s Association, Rajahmundry, East Godavari District has requested
for relaxation of stipulated (3) three years of service in the feeder category of
Public Health Nurse (Non-Teaching) by (2) two years to facilitate filling all vacant
posts of Community Health Officers as a one time measure.
5. The Government, after careful examination of the above matter, felt that
it is essential to strengthen maternal and child health services and to encourage
Public Health Nurses (Non-Teaching) who have stagnated for several years without
career advancement and therefore decided that the vacant posts of Community
Health Officer (CHO) shall be filled by relaxing the minimum service by (2) two
6. Accordingly, the Government is hereby pleased to accord permission to effect
promotions of Public Health Nurses (Non-Teaching) who have completed one year
of service as Public Health Nurses (Non-Teaching) as on 1-9-2010 to the post of
Community Health Officer for the panel year 2010-11, in relaxation of minimum
service stipulated in rule 7 of A.P.M & FW Service Rules issued in G.O.Ms.No.261
H.M & FW (B1) Department, dt.28-06-2002 provided the candidates are otherwise
eligible as per rules strictly in accordance with seniority, duly following the rule of
reservation roaster, presidential orders and subject to acceptance of condition by
the candidate in writing prior to convening the DPC by the competent authority,
that those promoted under this category can be reverted at any time without
assigning any reason. This is a one time measure and shall not be a precedent for
any future claims.
7. The date of commencement of probation of these individuals in the promoted
post shall be fixed as per the clarification issued in Government
8. The Director of Public Health & Family Welfare shall take necessary further
action in the matter.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIAPL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Director of Public Health & Family Welfare,
The Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare, A.P., Hyderabad
The Mission Director, NRHM, Hyderabad.
The Director, SPIU, Hyderabad
The State General Secretary, AP ANMS, HVs, PHNs & CHO’s Association,
Rajahmundry, East Godavari District.
PS to Principal Secretary to Government, HM&FW Dept.